Almost any BMX style bicycle is permitted on the track, with a few exceptions. Bikes should not have pegs, a chain guard or a front brake. A rear brakes is required and should be a hand brake. Bikes should be single speed with out gears. The Staff is happy to answer any bike questions at the track office.
Long pants, Long Sleeves, a Helmet, and closed toed shoes are required to ride the track. We strongly suggest full face helmets and offer rental helmets at the track. We also suggest wearing Knee and Elbow pads which are commonly worn under pants and jerseys.
Please review the full list of USA BMX rules below.
- All riders must wear helmets with a permanent strap attached; snaps are not allowed.
- All riders must wear enclosed shoes, which cover all toes, and are sufficient to protect the rider’s feet.
- All riders must wear long pants. Loose fitting short pants made of tear-resistant material are permitted when used in combination with knee/shin pads. All combination of knee/shin pads are subject to the approval of the Track Operator or Track Programmer.
- Riders wear long sleeved shirts. Short sleeved shirts and sufficient elbow protection is allowable subject to the approval of the Track Operator or Track Programmer.
- A rider registered to race in the Novice class is restricted to a standard flat pedal only; regardless of what class the rider might end up competing in that day. Interlocking-pedal cleat systems, magnetic, or any type of strap/toe clip system where the shoe is attached to the pedal are restricted to riders Intermediate or higher in proficiency.
- Bicycles for competition in the Intermediate / Expert/ Expert Girl / Pro classes must be equipped with wheels having a total diameter, inflated tires included, less than or equal to 22 1/2” (57 cm). 7. Bicycles for competition in the Cruiser / Girl Cruiser shall have wheels where the total diameter of the inflated tires included shall measure more than 22 1/2” (57 cm).
- All bicycles must have an operating braking system— hand and/or coaster (foot) brake.
- Handlebars may not exceed 30” in width and grips are required and must cover/enclose the entire opening on the handlebar ends.
- All kickstands, chain guards, and reflector brackets must be removed.
- Axle ends may not exceed 1⁄4” beyond the axle nut or must be cut down to within 1⁄4” beyond the axle nut. After cutting, all sharp edges shall be rounded off and all burrs must be removed.
- For safety reasons, all equipment is subject to the approval of the Track Operator or Track Programmer.