The appropriate equipment is required to ensure safety of all participants.
Riders must provide their own helmet and bike in good working condition.
- All riders must wear helmets with a permanent strap attached; snaps are not allowed.
- All riders must wear enclosed shoes, which cover all toes, and are sufficient to protect the rider’s feet.
- All riders must wear long pants. Loose fitting short pants made of tear-resistant material are permitted when used in combination with knee/shin pads. All combination of knee/shin pads are subject to the approval of the Track Operator or Track Programmer.
- Riders wear long sleeved shirts. Short sleeved shirts and sufficient elbow protection is allowable subject to the approval of the Track Operator or Track Programmer.
- A rider registered to race in the Novice class is restricted to a standard flat pedal only; regardless of what class the rider might end up competing in that day. Interlocking-pedal cleat systems, magnetic, or any type of strap/toe clip system where the shoe is attached to the pedal are restricted to riders Intermediate or higher in proficiency.
- Bicycles for competition in the Intermediate / Expert/ Expert Girl / Pro classes must be equipped with wheels having a total diameter, inflated tires included, less than or equal to 22 1/2” (57 cm). 7. Bicycles for competition in the Cruiser / Girl Cruiser shall have wheels where the total diameter of the inflated tires included shall measure more than 22 1/2” (57 cm).
- All bicycles must have an operating braking system— hand and/or coaster (foot) brake.
- Handlebars may not exceed 30” in width and grips are required and must cover/enclose the entire opening on the handlebar ends.
- All kickstands, chain guards, and reflector brackets must be removed.
- Axle ends may not exceed 1⁄4” beyond the axle nut or must be cut down to within 1⁄4” beyond the axle nut. After cutting, all sharp edges shall be rounded off and all burrs must be removed.
- For safety reasons, all equipment is subject to the approval of the Track Operator or Track Programmer.